Columbia, South Carolina – The Texas A&M Men’s Basketball Team won six games in a row at Colonial Life Arena with a commanding 94-53 win to the South Carolina Gamecocks in ruthless precision.
For the second year in a row, the Aggies improved to 4–0 in Southeastern Conference play, winning six games in a row while setting various scoring and winning margin records.
The 41-point gap is the widest ever against an SEC foe, eclipsing the 34-point gap in a 79-45 road victory over Georgia on January 16, 2016. He was only 44 points behind Texas Tech in 2007-08 and his Texas in 1958-59. His 94 points are the most against his SEC opponents, surpassing his 91-point effort against the Georgia Bulldogs last season.
Texas A&M led from wire to wire as their defense was relentless and their offense heated up and never really cooled down. The Aggies only allowed 18 points in the first half, but before the break he was close to a season high with 50 points. It was the fewest points in the first half of 2022-23 (the previous low was Loyola Chicago’s 22 points), the lowest since Missouri scored his 18 points in the first half of 2020. , was the lowest against SEC opponents.
The Aggies had their best field goal percentage of the season at 54.8%, and the team had another strong shot from the 3-point line (9/20). Defensively, the Aggies limited South Carolina to 29.2% from the field in the first half and just 38.0% in the game. The Aggies tallied his season-high 48 rebounds and against the Gamecocks he had a huge advantage with 32 rebounds.
Five Aggies Score Double Digits in Sophomore Year Wade Taylor IV He shot 8/10, including 4/6 from the arc, and led by 20 points.The other double-digit Aggie Julius Marble at 14, Dexter Dennis With 13, Henry Coleman II and KK Robinson had 12. Coleman III pulled down his 11 rebounds, his second consecutive double-double and his third game-high of the season.
head coach Buzz Williams
About the recent good defense of the team…
“I think our staff did a really good job in the first two weeks of SEC play taking the core of what we do defensively and then getting specific to our opponents. What tweaks do you need? Devin Johnson Being a defensive coordinator, he’s great at coordinating them. I think our guys should get some credit. A combination of these adjustments and reps really helped. “
Texas A&M Men’s Basketball Post-Game Notes
Texas A&M 94, South Carolina 53
Colonial Life Arena (Columbia, South Carolina)
Records and series notes
- Texas A&M beat the South Carolina Gamecocks 94-53 at Colonial Life Arena on Saturday night.
- The Aggies improve to 12-5 overall, 4-0 in SEC action, 2-0 in SEC road games, and 3-1 overall in road games.
- The win gave the Aggies their first six-game winning streak of the season.
- The Maroons & Whites improved to a 5-9 record against the Gamecocks and went on a six-game losing streak against South Carolina.
- Texas A&M’s 94 points is the highest score it has scored against an SEC opponent since it participated in the 2012-13 conference.
- A 41-point win for the Aggies is the largest margin of victory against an SEC opponent. (His 34-point victory over Georgia in 2016).
- The Maroons & Whites limited South Carolina to just 18 points in the first half. This is the fewest first-half points allowed by the Aggies this season.
- The Aggies shot 55% from the field (34 of 62) and had the best field goal percentage of the season. He also made 34 field goals, the most of the season.
- Texas A&M outperformed South Carolina with a 48-16 rebound margin. The Aggies’ 48 rebounds are a season-high.
- The Aggies limited Gamecock to a season-low 16 rebounds. His 2007 was the last time South Carolina recorded his less than 20 rebounds against his SEC opponent.
- Texas A&M’s 20 offensive rebounds tie the season record set against Murray State on Nov. 7, 2022.
- Maroon & White scored 27 Second Chance points and the Gamecocks were limited to just 7.
- The Aggies have five players finish in double figures for the first time since December 3, 2022 against Boise State.
- A&M had a player record a double-double in two straight games, marking his fifth double-double of the season.
- Texas A&M used a starting lineup combination. Henry Coleman III, Dexter Dennis, Julius Marble, Tyrese Radford When Wade Taylor IV Eighth time this season (7-1).
Henry Coleman III
- Achieved 2 consecutive victories with 12 points and 11 rebounds.
- Achieved double-double for the third time this season and the eighth time in his career.
- Recorded a season-high 11 rebounds.
- Recorded a double-digit rebound for the third time this year and the ninth time in his career.
- Leading the team with 5th and 23rd rebounds of the yearrd of his career.
- Scored 3 assists and 2 steals.
- After finishing in 13th place, he scored double figures in three games in a row.
- Recorded eight rebounds and a steal.
- Record double figures and 57 for the 7th time this seasonth of his career.
- Drained a three and scored 5 points at 2/4 from the field.
- Finish with rebounds, steals and assists.
- They took two triples and finished with 6 points.
- Recorded a season-high 3 assists.
- Record rebounds and steals.
- He scored 14 points after finishing 4/8 from the field and 6/7 from Charity Stripe.
- Scored double digits in 4 consecutive games.
- Brock tied his career at 2 and also had a steal.
- Record 2 digits of 10th season time and 18th of his career.
- Finished with 4 points and 6 rebounds.
- He recorded three assists and scored a steal.
- After going 3/4 in the field and 6/7 in the charity stripes, he had a season-high 12 points.
- Recorded a career-high three rebounds.
- Double-digit finish for the first time this season and the second time in his career.
Wade Taylor IV
- Leading all players with 20 points after finishing 8/10, 3 to 4/6 from the field.
- 20 points or more for the 5th time this season and the 6th time in total.
- 14 two-digit recordsth Time of the season and 29th his career time.
- Drained four 3-pointers.
- Top points for the 7th time this season.
- His career-high number of rebounds was 5.
- Recorded a career-high 6 rebounds.
- Matched his career-high on the block at two.
- Also scored 3 points.