Clothes dryer caused Collierville apartment fire, CFD says

MEMPHIS, Tennessee (WMC) – Firefighters at the Collierville Fire Department (CFD) responded to an apartment fire Thursday night that they said was caused by a clothes dryer.

A crew member arrived at the scene and found smoke coming from the ground floor apartment.

Upon further investigation, firefighters determined that it was the dryer that had caught fire. The blaze was quickly extinguished and the crew was able to remove the dryer to ventilate the affected and neighboring apartments with smoke.

Fortunately, no residents or firefighters were injured.

According to CFD, dryer fires cause about 3,000 fires in the United States each year, 34% of which are caused by lint buildup.

You can protect your home and family by following these expert rules.

  • Clean the lint trap after each use.
  • Clean your dryer vents at least once a year.
  • Do not leave the dryer unattended while it is running.

click here To sign up for our newsletter!

click here Report spelling and grammatical errors. Include a heading.

Source link

Leave a Reply